20080516

Backstage and lovin it...


I have always been a backstage kinda guy, not the one in the spotlight, but an intricate part of anything that I have been involved in. I have played in the band before, but never the lead, usually behind the scene helping make it happen, same thing in drama productions, doing set, sound and lights. In the Air Force I am in an out of the way place, in a job that gets no spotlight, yet without it the AF is nothing more than a glorified taxi service. I know a lot of people that might get miffed at never getting the recognition that they 'deserve', but hey who doesn't like for someone to notice a job well done? But I have to look at scripture and can see that its those that serve and dig in and get the job done that make those in the spotlight look good... There is something about working, perhaps its a man thing, that I really enjoy, running sound for a band where it takes hours of prep getting stuff ready, then setting it up before a show, make the band sound good for a few hours, and then the hours tearing down and prepping all over again, I couldn't be happier not having the hard job of standing in front of the audience. I have known for sometime that my personal ministry may never be to be the front man, but if thru my service 'backstage' I make the Lord look good, then I must be doing something right...

No comments: