20110821

Producing Worship... Remotely

Being in the military, I have to travel from time to time. This can be an interesting challenge being in charge of my local church's production team, but thank God for modern technology. I have been able to remote in to mix our web stream audio from two thousand miles away and still be in contact with my team to help them with issues on the fly. Here is a quick breakdown of the setup if you are interested in being able to do something similar to help your team out:
  • Currently using a PreSonus StudioLive 24. console (which just recently replaced the Mackie TT24) which is connected to a computer to utilize software GUI.
  • LogMeIn.com to remote desktop.
  • We stream our services with Ustream for now (this is what I monitor in one window, while mixing in another)
Pretty basic setup - but essentially no additional cost for us to do it, as long as I have internet access I can get on. If you do something similar when away or have comments on what you have experienced let me know in the comments!

No comments: